Monday, August 18, 2008

I Like Nobel Prizes

Olympic update: Korean Jang Mi-Ran is the unofficial strongest woman in the world and broke 3 world records to do it.

What this means: Koreans athletes are often noted for their speed, and endurance, but Jang Mi-Ran has shown that we can all look like Jabba the Hut if we put our minds to it.

Opinion: Why do so many college that don't allow men to room with women allow gays to room with other men? As an egalitarian, I see this sexual apartheid as unjustified and unreasonable.

Life Goal: One of my goals in life is to win a nobel prize. I don't really care which one, so I make every effort I can to solve global problems. On this blog, I will share with you some of my ideas.

Fat People: We should be insulting them more. According to Mankiw and others, people respond to incentives. Thus, we can control our obesity epidemic by creating disincentives for gaining weight. One simple disincentive could be to simply insult the obese and establish a zeitgeist in which it is not okay to be fat. Obesity epidemic solved. Is this solution worthy of a nobel prize in psychology? I think yes.

More of this, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment