Friday, September 19, 2008

I Like Korean Television


Film: I am Sam is a good movie, I think.

Films on TV: Too many commercials! I remember when a 90 minute film would be two hours on tv. Now, it's 2 hours and 30 minutes. Thus, I have come to the conclusion that television is just ads with intervals of regular programming. In Korea, we don't even have ads during tv shows. It's true!

Knock-offs: champagne mustard tastes just like honey mustard. What's the deal, guys?

Awkward moment of the day: I was walking down the hallway today and my friend David was walking towards me from the other side. So, in a moment of manly greeting, I tilted my chin upwards as a sign of acknowledgment. But this crazy dude just keeps on walking. Then, after 3 and a half eons, the guy waves. Now, I'm in a state of mass confusion. Did he wave because he saw me or did he wave because he saw me doing the chin tilt? I don't know. Quickly, I contemplated my options. It was basic game theory. There were two variables with two outcomes each. If he saw the head tilt and I head tilted again, I would look like a desperate loser, but if I don't do the tilt and he hadn't seen me, I would look like an unfriendly bastard. To tilt or not to tilt? In the end, I couldn't make up my mind, so I kicked him in the nuts and ran away.

photo: ca_newsome

No comments:

Post a Comment