Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Like People Who Speak English

Politics: McCain is beating Obama where it matters. (At least, he was when I wrote this post. I don't know about now. Maybe you're reading this and it's the year 2010, Obama has won, and the world is already being ruled by monkeys. Maybe you are the monkey ruler and none of this matters to you because all you care about are bananas and peanuts. My point is, I just don't know.)

Mexicans: Today I went to a local deli with Sara and there was a mexican guy at the counter. Now, I'm one of those people that like to ask the deli people to recommend me a food item, but this is really hard when they don't speak English. So instead of getting a delicious and highly recommended sandwich, I had to go through the painstaking process of making my own. For the uninitiated, ordering a sandwich at a deli is slightly more complicated than multivariable calculus. But being the brave man that I am, I ordered a turkey, lettuce, champagne mustard, and some cheese I'd never heard of and can't remember. The sandwich was terrible and the bread was too hard, so in a less than manly maneuver, I ended up trading half of my hero for Sara's cucumber salad. Moral of this story? Do not hire english-impaired workers if you own a deli.

Salad is for girly men.
photo: Laurel Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment