Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Like Sammitches

Whole Foods: It's a nice store. Obama likes it. Personally, I recommend the "healthy" junk food there. It has all the fun of eating diarrhea causing food, with none of the guilt! Here is what I think of their food.

Double Honey Mustard Turkey Sandwich: I did not see a single honey mustard turkey sandwich available, which led me to wonder with what credentials a sandwich could be considered double honey mustard. But faulty food naming aside, the sandwich was not excellent. Personally, I hold turkey with lettuce, tomato, and mayo as the measuring stick for all turkey sandwiches and the double honey mustard was significantly worse. Now, I like honey mustard as much as the next guy and I even have some in my house, but bite of the honey mustard absolutely destroyed the mild flavor of the turkey. And for some reason, the sandwich was pressed and grilled. Why? If I wanted a panini, I would have ordered one! Absolute ridiculousness. Rating: 2.2496/10

I'll show you double mustard.

Philly Cheesesteak Panini: This turd of a sandwich was pressed and grilled in the exact same way that my double honey mustard turkey was: not very well. Also, the steak slices were too thick and hard, the onion content was lacking, and the cheese was lackluster at best. And the steak slices tasted more like roast beef and less like top round. Rating: 8.123834/7834

It was like this, except in panini form.

Tuna Melt Panini: These guys make everything into paninis. This is literally the first time I've seen a tuna melt panini. Personally, I like my tuna melts with soft and thin bread, but this tuna melt was on ciabatta. Crazy? I think yes. Other than that, the tuna melt wasn't terrible. I've found tuna melts to be fairly consistent wherever I order it from. Watch out for the mercury content.

Larry David likes tuna.


photo: panduh, navin75, mellowfood

No comments:

Post a Comment