Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Like Learning New Things

Family Life: We have been learning about STD’s since 6th grade and the curriculum is pretty much the same every year: HIV is transmitted through sex, use a condom, you can’t get HIV from kissing, blah blah blah. Honestly, I don't understand how the school system gets away with teaching kids the same thing for years on end.

Just as a frame of reference, imagine if this type of teaching happened in other classes. What if all the math teachers decided to teach the same thing year after year? I guess I would know a lot about introductory algebra, but I wouldn't be able to solve even the most basic of geometry problems. What if all my history teachers did it? I guess I would know a lot about drawing maps and I would definitely know the acronyms of all fifty states, but I would not know a thing about Cicero’s On the Laws, or that the turning point of the American Revolution was the Battle of Saratoga.

Shame on you, Public Education System, shame on you.

The Republican Sex Education Program.

photo: kurafire

2 comments:

  1. If you have been reading the blog, i have expanded my blogging topics. But apparently you don't even write constructive comments. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete