Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Like Winning Debates


As the top ranked debater in my league, people always ask me how to win debates. Usually, I ignore them and move on with my life, but I figure I will provide full disclosure and tell everyone here.

How to win a debate (in high school):

Intimidate your opponents.

The best way to win a debate is by throwing the other team off their game. This can be done in a myriad of ways. Personally, I do it by being Asian and well-dressed because there is nothing more intimidating than a well-dressed Asian debater. Especially if the judge is Asian too. If you don't have access to nice clothes or Asian genes, I suggest you try carrying a giant stack of papers/books. People will think you mean business.

photo: Jon Person

5 comments:

  1. if mike lee is still your partner, that is probably why you win

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. way 2 be modest. "the top ranked debater".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally deleted my comment from here.

    ReplyDelete